Recreation & Parks Job View
|Job Title:||Assistant Summer Camp Director|
|Minimum Education:||2 Year College Degree|
|Minimum Experience:||1 year camp experience|
|Contact Name:||Bre Johnson|
|Contact Method:||Phone, Email, or Mail|
|Job Detail:||Job Detail- Under the direct supervision of the Camp Director, the assistant director is responsible for:
• Assist the Camp Director with overall summer camp operations.
• Assisting in organization and supervision of day-to-day operation.
• Assist in driving camp shuttle to field trips.
• Role model for staff and campers. Provide leadership in camp training and assist with day to day daily routine.
• Lead and implement activities, responsible for weekly theme day plans.
• Assist with camper check in and check out daily. Responsible for keeping camper counts.
• Responsible for check in, filing camper forms, and to make sure campers have the necessary forms.
• Maintain safety standards for campers and staff and to enforce all rules.
• Fills out accident/incident reports as needed and follows procedures for reporting accidents. Handles medical, safety, and severe weather emergencies. Completes needed reports and submits them to Camp director.
• Acts as camp director in the absence of camp director.
• Reports to the Summer Camp Director.
• Must possess or acquire the following certifications: CPR/First Aid certification.
• Teacher certification is preferred.
• Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s license.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
• Must be available all weeks of camp and trainings.
• Minimum 21 years of age.