Recreation & Parks Job View
|Job Title:||Campground Director|
|Department:||City of Tybee Island|
|Location:||Tybee Island, Georgia|
|Minimum Education:||4 Year College Degree|
|Salary:||$55,042 - $64,192 (*onsite housing provided)|
|Contact Name:||Janice Elliott|
|Contact Method:||Phone, Email, or Mail|
|Job Detail:||City of Tybee Island
P.O. Box 2749 – 403 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA 31328
(912)786-4573 – FAX (912) 786-5737
The City of Tybee Island is now accepting applications for Campground Director of the River’s End Campground and RV Park.
Description of Duties:
This position directs and oversees control the RV Park/Campground operations and must give strategic information, and make suggestions to the City Manager and elected officials to ensure the park achieves its mission and objectives. Position requires knowledge of business principles, methods of effective administration strategies; ability to implement an evaluate service delivery/programs; experience in development, personnel management and fiscal planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, parks and recreation management, business administration, or related field
• Minimum of 4 years in a management position. Hospitality, Hotel, and RV Resort Management is helpful, but not required
• Possess or the ability to obtain a valid driver\'s license issued by the State of Georgia
• Pass a background check and employment drug screen
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of effective administration and marketing including public relations, personnel management and fiscal management to develop, implement, and evaluate events and programs; knowledge of tourist and RV camping industries helpful.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holiday
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms; formulate and implement operational and administrative policies; plan, develop and evaluate funding requirements; prepare and justify budget requests; perform short and long-range financial planning; analyze and evaluate operations and develop and implement corrective action to resolve problems; use automated computer equipment to generate reports and correspondence; establish and maintain record keeping systems and reports; make decisions independently in accordance with established policies and procedures, establish new policies when applicable and use initiative and judgment in completing tasks and responsibilities; supervise, motivate and lead support staff; remain calm and use good judgment during confrontational or high pressure situations; courteously meet and deal effectively with other employees, committees, vendors, community groups, media and the public.
Applications are available online at www.cityoftybee.org or at City Hall. Please mail application and resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 2749, Tybee Island, Georgia 31328 or email to email@example.com or fax to 912-786-9467.
Salary Range: $55,042 - $64,192 (*onsite housing provided)
Benefits: In return for your excellent skills and abilities, the city offers an excellent benefits package including: housing, phone allowance, 100% coverage on medical and dental insurance for the employee, life insurance, long-term disability, pension, FMLA leave, continuing education assistance, paid holidays and vacation.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.cityoftybee.org for a full job description for this position.
Job Open Until Filled
An EOE and Drug Free Workplace, we welcome and thank all applicants
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a disability or any other legally protected status.