Recreation & Parks Job View
|Job Title:||Thirty (30) part-time lifeguard positions|
|Department:||City of Brookhaven|
|Minimum Education:||None Required|
|Contact Name:||see job description|
|Contact Method:||Phone, Email, or Mail|
|Job Detail:||apply online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=7005&clientkey=6B98DD9E9683D0CB4209844E04C68E62
The city of Brookhaven is seeking qualified candidates for thirty (30) part-time lifeguard positions with the Parks and Recreation Department. The city pools open on Saturday, May 28, 2018, and close on Labor Day, Sept. 3, 2018. The successful candidate must possess basic skills in aquatic facility management, customer service, programming, marketing and communication while effectively ensuring the safety of all city pool patrons. Each employee will work up to 30 hours per week and the pools are open 11 a.m.- 9 p.m., Sunday-Saturday. A seasonal performance bonus of up to $1.00 per hour worked will be provided at the end of the season if certain standards are met.
Candidates must have a valid and current Lifeguard Training Certification by the start of the season. A water safety instructor certification is preferred. He/she must be able to demonstrate proficiency in swimming abilities and the ability to handle rescue activities while in the water. The nature of the job demands that the employee be able to identify problems either visually or by auditory means in order to be alert to life saving needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Enforces all facility rules and regulations fairly and consistently.
• Keeps facility clean at all times.
• Works assigned shifts to include rentals of the facility and local swim meets.
• Attends all staff training, meetings and assigned guard drills.
• Practices preventive lifeguarding by following and enforcing pool rules and regulations.
• Maintains safe practices and procedures at the assigned facility.
• Maintains surveillance in assigned areas until relieved or dismissed.
• Maintains familiarity with emergency action/rescue plan at their facility.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic lifeguard skills/duties.
• Knowledge of water chemistry.
• Skill in teaching swimming classes.
• Ability to demonstrate swimming proficiency.
• Ability to handle rescue activities.
• Good customer service and people skills.
• Basic computer skills.
The City of Brookhaven is an equal opportunity employer.