Recreation & Parks Job View
|Job Title:||Program Coordinator – Youth Sports Coordinator|
|Department:||Douglas County Parks and Recreation|
|Minimum Education:||4 Year College Degree|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources|
|Contact Method:||By Email|
|Job Detail:||This is responsible professional work involving the oversight of all athletic associations and special interest groups operating within Douglas County Parks and Recreation parks and facilities. Major job functions include acting as a liaison between the Parks and Recreation Director and user groups, responsibility of all contracts and paperwork required by Douglas County Parks and Recreation and the Douglas County Board of Commissioners, implementation of the Douglas County Youth Sports Manual, and field and facility scheduling.
The work schedule includes days, nights, weekends and some holidays depending upon events.
• Bachelor\\\'s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major field of study in a related discipline
o Preferred - degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, or Physical Education
• Two years professional related work experience in organized recreational programs or services
o Minimum one year of which was performed in a supervisory or administrative capacity
o Preferred – demonstrated emphasis in Public Administration
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) or other National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) certification within six months of employment if required by assignment
• American Red Cross CPR/First Aid certified, or certification within six months of employment
• Other duty-specific certifications may be required during employment to satisfy specific assigned duties and responsibilities
• CDL with passenger endorsement may be requested
• Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver\\\'s License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
• Minimum 21 years of age
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
Salary: $40,645.90 annual $19.54 hourly, plus full benefits package
Resumes may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not be considered.