Recreation & Parks Job View
|Job Title:||Parks Maintenance Laborer 1 – Crew Member|
|Department:||Acworth Parks & Recreation|
|Minimum Education:||None Required|
|Salary:||$11.20 an hour|
|Contact Name:||Edwin Lacher|
|Contact Method:||Phone, Email, or Mail|
|Job Detail:||To apply go to www.acworth.org and then to human resources.
• Perform all work necessary in keeping all city parks, athletic facilities, buildings, landscaped areas, and equipment safe, clean and routinely maintained. Tasks may include, but are not limited to mowing, blowing, edging, trimming grass, landscaped and paved areas, preparation of sports fields for practice and games, maintenance and installation of playground mulch, cleaning of restrooms, minor irrigation repair, simple plumbing repairs, application of fertilizers and herbicides, ascending or descending ladders, clearing of underbrush, installation of new landscaping, occasionally directing traffic, dragging and cleaning of beaches, trash removal and equipment maintenance.
• Performs duties and makes decisions consistent with department mission, vision, and core values.
• Delivering accurate and timely reports of vandalism, injuries, safety issues, damage to property, needed repairs, and low inventories of supplies to the attention of the Operations Managers, Foremen, and/or Crew Leaders.
• Providing support services for all city events including, but not limited to setting up, logistical support, custodial services, and breakdown/clean up.
• Assist other divisions within the department when needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Follow and practice all safety and regulatory standards in the field.
• Be able to work cooperatively in a group setting and by oneself with limited supervision to complete the assigned task(s).
• Provide quality customer service to park and facility visitors.
• Follow verbal and written instructions from superiors and ensures the timely and quality completion of those assigned tasks.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• General knowledge of turf grass maintenance, landscaping, minor building maintenance repairs, custodial services, and/or small equipment operation and maintenance.
• Skills in the use of a variety of power, hand and bench tools.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Must be able to work 40 hours a week and additional hours, weekends, and holidays when needed.
• Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
• Must be able to follow all city ordinances, policies, and procedures.
Employee reports directly to the Operations Managers, Foremen, and Crew Leaders. The employee may also be directed by other administrative staff within the department at times. Employee may be assigned limited supervision responsibilities over part time laborers, inmate, or community service workforce.
Most work takes place in an outdoor setting in a variety of weather conditions while standing, walking, bending, and lifting for long periods of time. Employee will operate a variety of small and medium equipment on a regular basis. The operation of some large equipment may be necessary.
Regular and predictable attendance is a necessary job function required for this position. This is a 40 hour a week position. Scheduled working hours vary depending on the season, program or event. Overtime, early mornings, late evenings, holidays, or weekends may be needed to complete job. This is an hourly full time position.
The incumbent must have full use of upper limbs and lower extremities, especially hands and fingers (for equipment operation), and must be able to lift objects in excess of 60 pounds. Eyeglasses or corrective lenses may be worn to provide 20-20 vision for the incumbent. Hearing aids are also satisfactory.