Recreation & Parks Job View
|Department:||City of Douglasville|
|Minimum Education:||High School|
|Contact Name:||Teaa M. Allston|
|Contact Method:||Phone, Email, or Mail|
|Job Detail:||JOB SUMMARY
This person in this position is responsible for work involving the use of all hand held equipment used in the upkeep of West Pines Golf Course including: weed eaters, edgers, spreaders of all types, sprayers of all types, mowers, tractors and any other maintenance equipment. The incumbent also performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance, semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work, wilt watch, and other needed duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Performs trim work using weed eaters, edgers and fly mowers. Maintains bunkers. Trims and removes trees.
• Assists in irrigation repairs.
• Assists in aerification and hand watering. Assists in applying pesticides and fertilizers.
• Assists in maintenance of golf course, clubhouse grounds, parking lots and roadways.
• Assists in mowing of tees, roughs, fairways, greens and any other assigned areas.
• Sets tee markers and cups, maintains ball washers, replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris; sands and seeds tee divots and cleans flower beds.
• Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment and reports problems of failure to the mechanic.
• Cleans and returns equipment to designated locations daily.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of materials commonly used in construction, maintenance and repair activities as related to assigned areas;
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn, standard cleaning methods and operation of equipment used in custodial work such as brooms, mops, dust mops, vacuums, scouring devices, and wax applicators;
• Ability to use simple hand tools;
• Ability to operate trucks and other maintenance equipment such as mowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, paint spray gun, hand tools, hand and power saws;
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal job assignments and/or crew assignments;
• Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis;
• Ability to exert continuous physical effort including frequent bending, walking, manipulating and heavy lifting of equipment.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a valid driver’s license.
The work is very heavy work and requires balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
Incumbent works in an environment with heavy equipment and machinery that could result in bodily harm to co-workers or others.